£23,712 - £28,340 a year - Full-time, Permanent
The successful candidate will learn every aspect of the manufacturing process, and will then be responsible for setting out, standardizing and documenting all operating procedures to roll out to the wider manufacturing team.
The role will revert to a supervisory role with promotion and play a leading hand in driving through continuous improvements across the manufacturing function.
This essential role will be to learn every aspect of the manufacturing process, the practices, processes, and procedures along with being actively trained on all aspects of plant and equipment. Once successfully trained, the role will switch to a trainer role whereby the skills and expertise gained over the first 3 months is rolled out with documented standard operating procedures to the wider manufacturing operative team. Building training programs, training matrixes and continue to develop and improve the manufacturing process in all aspects associated within the manufacturing process.
Once the experience, knowledge and expertise is to broaden through training to the dayshift manufacturing operatives. Further recruitment will take place for the afternoon shift pattern and the role will be to continue the training to the afternoon manufacturing operatives. This will be followed by a further training role out to a night shift team and after full manufacturing capabilities through resources is seen across a 3 shift, 24 / 5 operation.
Hours of Work: –
8.00am – 5.00pm (Initial training – Day shift)
6.00am – 2.00pm (Day Shift)
2.00pm – 10.00pm (Afternoon shift)
10.00pm – 6.00am (Night Shift)
Shift Pattern: –
0 – 3 months Training (Day shift)
3 – 6 months Train the trainer operative (Day shift)
6 – 9 months Train the trainer operative (Afternoon shift)
9 – 12 months Train the trainer operative (Night Shift)
>12 months Established member of the manufacturing supervisor team
What do you need?
- Quality Focused
- Production / manufacturing focused
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Time management, ability to be hands on, along with having the ability to play a role of lead by example – trainer / supervisor
- Excellent written / verbal communicator and can gain the trust of his fellow colleagues / employees that he / she works with
- Typical traits of a proven supervisory, with the ability / personal desire to want to move up supervisory / management level within the next 1 – 2 years
- Metal fabrication – cutting, bending, welding etc
- MIG welding
- Forklift Trucks
- Automation hardware – ABB systems
- Microsoft office package
- ERP systems
- Production planning software packages
- Ability to generate Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to generate Employee Training Programs / Training Metrics
- Ability to generate internal KPI’s – Track, Monitor, Target and improve
What’s in it for you?
- 40-hour shift pattern Monday-Friday (days, afternoons and nights on a 3-week rotation)
- Competitive starting salary and benefits package
- Excellent progression opportunities to Supervisory/Management level within 1-2 years
- Private healthcare after 12 months service (teeth, glasses and physio)
- Modern facilities with breakout areas
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to Work, Pension Scheme and Onsite Gym
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays, increasing to 25 days + Bank Holidays with service
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us in three weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,712.00-£28,340.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- manufacturing: 5 years (required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.